SPF Cool Roofing Systems
Spray Foam Masters use of sprayed polyurethane foam (SPF) roofing systems is the best cool roof system available on the market today. A cool roof is both highly reflective and highly emissive, transferring less heat into the building compared to a dark colored “non-cool roof.”
Cool roofs provide benefits in all climates throughout the United States:
- Cool roofs, with highly reflectivity and emittance, can be 70 degrees cooler or more during hot summer days when compared with traditional roofing materials.
- Cool roof systems save money and energy during peak cooling demand periods – typically mid-days, when electricity demand and costs are highest.
- A cool roof surface can reduce the cost of operating rooftop HVAC units because the units will use cooler air than if mounted on a dark roof surface.
- Cool roof systems help reduce the urban heat-island effect by reflecting solar heat rather than absorbing and transferring it to buildings.
- By keeping moisture out while reflecting ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation, a cool roof can help to protect underlying insulation and the roofing sybstrate from deterioration.
The SPF cool roof system offers all these benefits, and more. In fact, this cool roofing system delivers the Five E’s of sustainable roofing: Energy, Environment, Endurance, Economics, and Engineering.